Looking for voiceover training?
- Practical expert advice from those working in the industry
- Create, develop and sustain a VO career
- Make the most of your voice-reel in just 15 mins a day
- Get your VO career on track
- Learn how to find work in all areas of voiceover
- Practical exercises to improve your voiceover technique
- Home studio essentials
- Promotion and branding advice
View example of a week 2 lesson
"The FREE 4-week Voiceover Kickstart programme covers just about all you need to get going in the world of Voiceover. The programme caters for voiceover artists at all levels of experience. Even if you have been voicing professionally for a while, I promise you there is something in there that will help you to take your career to the next level. An honest exploration of the work of the modern-day VO, practical exercises to improve your voiceover technique, recording hints and tips and essential guidance on business and marketing aspects"
Guy Michaels - Director of Voiceover Kickstart Ltd
The free 4-week programme covers:
- Understanding where your voice fits most naturally in recorded voice work
- Current trends in Voiceover
- Various markets and work opportunities in voiceover worldwide
- Examples of working Voiceover Artists
- Branding basics
- Promotion and Social Media
- Investing in your career wisely
- Your Voiceover Website
- Voiceover agents
- Building your Voiceover Business
- Voiceover demos
- Getting booked for VO
- Developing your ear
- Nailing the conversational read
- Effective vocal warmups
- Breath, resonance, articulation and posture
- Practical vocal challenges
- Working with scripts
- Succesful auditioning for voiceover
- Voice Acting for Games
- Commercial Voiceover
- Corporate Voiceover
- The language of voiceover - the technical terms you need to know
- The recording chain
- Optimising the recording environment
- Working in a voiceover studio
- Understanding microphones and the technology used in home studios
- Saving money on recording equipment
- Setting levels for improved recording quality
- Understanding 'waveforms'
- Editing skills
VOKickstart is a fantastic resource for anyone starting out or considering a career in the voiceover industry. It's also a great programme for established voices who want to check their career is on track.
Having completed his free VOKickstart classes and now recording my newest demos with him. I cannot recommend him enough. Thanks Guy!
Whether you are just starting out in voiceover, or have (like me) been working as a VO Artist for a while, the Voiceover Kickstart online course is fantastic!
When the programme comes to an end you will be offered the opportunity to continue as a full Voiceover Kickstart member.
The VOkickstart membership started in 2015. All members have completed the FREE 4-week programme. We are moving into the next phase, bringing a host of new benefits:
Multiple practical programmes and modules
A thriving and supportive community
Soundcheck - get feedback and improve your home-studio
Ever-expanding Voiceover Script Library
SAVE £75 Get Voiceover Kickstart II for half price at just £75
SAVE on Guy’s custom Voiceover Demo Production (currently up to £150 off)
Full access to THE LOUNGE
Connect with hundreds of voiceovers at all levels
Weekly Vocal Challenges –
Keep in top condition by submitting for our challenges and working with your fellow members by listening, giving and receiving essential feedback on multiple exercises
Submit your recordings for essential Home Studio Feedback
NEW – Script Library
By the close of 2019 this will be the biggest collection of voiceover scripts in the world! We’re adding to it every month.
Programmes, Modules and Interviews
Get real-world advice from some fo the most successful VOs working today!